AGC | Tool Room Associates, Bellefontaine, OH
AGC Glass Company North America, located in Bellefontaine, Ohio, fabricates high quality automotive safety glass for automobile manufacturers located in the United States and abroad. We are searching for individuals who want to join our fast paced, high tech, team environment. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, with offices in Kingsport, TN and Farmington Hills, MI, AGC Glass Company North America supplies high-quality products to the automotive, construction, and specialty glass markets.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive located in Bellefontaine, OH is seeking qualified Tool Room Associates within our Mold Maintenance department responsible for performing a variety of machining and fabricating functions including building, installing, maintaining and repair tooling and equipment.
These are hourly positions with a wage rate up to $26.90 per hour (based on experience and competency) plus $0.60 shift premium. Additional Compensation package includes: quarterly bonus potential up to 10.5% of quarterly eligible earnings, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, 14 paid holidays, deferred holiday pay, attendance incentives (monthly, semi-annual, and annual plans), 401k with Company match, free uniforms, safety boot reimbursement program, prescription safety glasses (frames and lenses) and opportunities for career advancement.
- Analyze tool breakdowns, determine repair requirements, and fabricate new components
- Perform and assist in development of preventative maintenance programs on tools and fixtures
- Adapt standard or fabricate new dies, machines parts and processes for special purposes
- Rebuild or overhaul equipment and tooling fixtures
- Comply with all safety guidelines and procedures
- Work in heat and noise while on their feet for up to 8 hours and sometimes 12 hours per shift
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two-to-Four-year Technical Degree preferred
- Extensive hands-on machining knowledge and fabrication skills and thorough understanding of mechanics, machining and tolerances of all types of tools
- Ability to perform difficult tool layout work
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment, processes and quality standards, and applicable safety standards
- Knowledge of Preventive Maintenance
- Ability to operate all industrial shop tools
- Ability to read and understand drawings and blueprints
- Ability to train other associates
- Available to work on all shifts and on weekends as required
- Consistent outstanding performance level in safety, work ethic, and professionalism
- Attention to detail, with demonstrated ability in problem solving
- Desire to work as part of a team and have good work habits
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of hand tools, hand-held power tools, and precision measurement tools
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, perform repetitive arm movements, lift up to 50 lbs., stand on concrete for extended periods of time, work mandatory overtime, and withstand temperatures of up to 100 degrees plus
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.