AGC | Tooling Maintenance Associate – Hourly, Elizabethtown, KY
This position is responsible for performing job duties related to the maintenance of production line tooling and tooling systems, inspecting, maintaining, modifying, fabricating parts necessary for tool utilization and various metal working activities. Must be willing to work any shift and be available for holiday, weekend, or emergency call in with short notice.
- Inspect, maintain, modify and fabricate parts necessary for mold/tool utilization
- Transport molds/tools to locations including the transportation of defective molds/tools to the maintenance area(s) for repair
- Maintain the side sections of tools by removing gaps from the frame
- Check and repair tools for distortion, bend and to maintain tolerances
- Measure heights and maintain tolerances of the corners and center of rings
- Check for balance of bending rings
- Assemble and modify side and center sections of bending rings
- Set molds into injection molding machines
- Maintain moving components of the encapsulation tools
- Check mold parting lines for damage, repair as needed as defined by Manufacturer
- Maintain Hot Runner Manifolds as required, replace thermocouples as needed
- Polish mold surfaces to remove scratches, pits and sandblast or dry ice blast mold surfaces to match required finish
- Steel annealing as repairs require
- Mold spotting required periodically
- Degree/Certification in Machine Tool or Welding Technology or Degree/Certification in Industrial Maintenance Technology with 5 years related experience
- 3 – 5 years related experience preferred
- Must be mechanically inclined with good problem-solving, math and computer skills and the ability to utilize problem-solving tools such as Fishbone, 5-Why, 8D, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and specifications
- Machine Tool and Welding competency
- Mastery of TIG and MIG welding techniques
- Competent in the use of Precision measurement devices
- Must be highly motivated, safety consciousness and be able to work independently
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements on cover letter via the form below.