AGC | Maintenance Associate, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive located in Alabaster, AL is seeking a qualified Maintenance Associate.
Performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and process to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Associate’s degree – Industrial Maintenance, Engineering, or related field and one to two years related experience – or – five to seven years related experience
- Trade certification preferred.
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem-solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc. preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders.
- Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills
- PLC experience and knowledge a plus
- Experience with robotics preferred.
- Must be highly motivated and be able to work independently.
Why work at AGC Automotive?
- Temperature-controlled working environment
- Yearly bonus potential
- On-the-job training
- Company-provided uniforms
- Steel toe shoe allowance every 2 years
- Opportunity for advancement
- Referral Bonus Program
Paid Time Off – 14 paid Holidays – Company matching 401k – Anthem Health, Dental and Vision – Company paid life insurance – FSA and HSA – Employee Discount Program – Employee Assistance Program – Supplemental Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.