AGC | Accountant, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Performs accounting functions consisting of reconciliations, standard cost system maintenance, inventory reporting, manufacturing variance analysis, and month-end closing responsibilities. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Provides financial decision-making information; determines cost of operations; guides cost analysis process; recommends improvement actions; confirms costs; prepares special reports.
- Possesses overall responsibility for maintaining the integrity & accuracy of the plant’s std. cost accounting system.
- Supports the Plant Management Team to assure the achievement of the plant objectives, including analyzing data to initiate improvements and cost savings.
- Manages systems (cost accounting, inventory, and assets) for current, accurate, and complete accounting and reporting of costs, overhead, inventory, controls and policies, and physical inventory counts.
- Assists in forecasting processing including analyzing cost trends and patterns.
- Assists in the creation and achievement of the approved budget of the plant.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Interprets and reports events and practices having an impact on product cost operations.
- Analyzes and interprets daily cost data to identify problem areas and provides explanations to the management of significant variances.
- Directs variance meetings to build rapport with production personnel and aid their comprehension of cost data.
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of period-end cost closing data to ensure an accurate and timely close.
- Works or collaborate with other AGC sites.
- Potential in the future to also have some responsibilities for other sites based on resource availability.
- Demonstrates AGC Way in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, required
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Related work experience in cost accounting and/or finance.
- Technical skills in account reconciliation, cost accounting, and month-end closing responsibilities.
- Knowledge of GAAP and related financial rules and compliance guidelines.
- Attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Experience with ERP systems (including SAP)
- Proficiency in using MS Excel and other applicable accounting and financial software.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Ability to work with deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.