AGC | Production Associates, Bellefontaine, OH
AGC Glass Company North America, located in Bellefontaine, Ohio, fabricates high quality automotive safety glass for automobile manufacturers located in the United States and abroad. We are searching for individuals who want to join our fast paced, high tech, team environment.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, with offices in Kingsport, TN and Farmington Hills, MI, AGC Glass Company North America supplies high-quality products to the automotive, construction, and specialty glass markets.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive located in Bellefontaine, OH is seeking qualified Production Associates within our Production departments. In this role, you will be responsible for operating production lines in such a manner as to ensure the safety of self and others as well as the quality of the product produced. These are hourly positions with a starting base wage rate of $16.50 per hour plus $0.60 shift premium. Top base rate up to $21.53 per hour, plus quarterly bonus potential up to 10.5% of quarterly eligible earnings, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, 14 paid holidays, deferred holiday pay, attendance incentives (monthly, semi-annual, and annual plans), 401k with Company match, free uniforms, safety boot reimbursement program, prescription safety glasses (frames and lenses) and opportunities for career advancement.
- Ensures safety of self and others within the production area and is responsible for notifying supervisor or safety team of all safety concerns
- Operates equipment in accordance with established production procedures for production of glass product to meet the quality of product and ensure customer satisfaction
- Supplies line with raw materials as may be required
- May operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs periodic quality checks in accordance with established procedures
- Performs troubleshooting of line or quality concerns
- Participates in or leads Kaizen activities to ensure the continuous improvement of processes
- Maintains 5S standards which include general cleaning, correct placement of tools, etc.
- Performs minor maintenance of equipment as may be required
- Actively participate in all activities within the production environment
- Demonstrates AGC Way in all aspect of responsibilities
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Reading, writing, and basic math skills
- Experience using trimming and banding tools and hoists, monitoring machinery, and applying mechanical aptitude while adjusting with tools such as wrenches
- Basic computer skills and experience with measurement tools and gauges
- Candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks involving extensive use of hands and fingers related to assembly
- Able to climb stairs and ladders, and visually distinguish colors and inspect items for defects
- Ability to learn quality standards to produce glass product
- Attention to detail with demonstrated ability in problem solving
- Must be available to work on all three shifts (7am – 3pm, 3pm – 11pm and 11pm – 7am), weekends and holidays as required
- Desire to work as part of a team and have good work and safety habits
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, perform repetitive arm movements, lift up to 70 lbs. occasionally and up to 35 lbs. repetitively
- Stand on concrete for extended periods of time for up to 8 hrs. and sometimes 12 hours per shift, and withstand temperatures of up to 100 degrees plus
- Work voluntary and mandatory overtime
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.