AGC | Process Engineer, Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
This Process Technology Group (PTG) Engineer position is within the corporate structure having visibility across all manufacturing sites of AANA (including Mexico and Canada) and will support the glass fabrication technology area and support the organization with industrialization of new technologies. In this role the PTG Process Engineer closely interfaces with the PTG Group leader, Operations, Quality, New Model Launch, Product Technology, R&D, and equipment / tooling vendors to achieve the most cost-effective solutions
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Position reports to and takes direction from the PTG Senior Manager and PTG Director
- Project scope and deliverables to be defined in coordination and agreement with PTG leadership prior to project execution and with an agreed frequency throughout the project lifecycle.
- Competency advancement targets proposed on at least annual basis and agreed upon with PTG leadership.
Support the PTG Group Leader(s) with Ownership of Glass Fabrication Process and Tooling Standards
- Support the PTG Group Leader in the creation of process and tooling standards by providing the key inputs needed to develop the standards for newly designed tooling and processes as determined through the development cycle.
Support industrialization of new technology processes needed to execute the MTP awarded business and/or technology roadmap initiatives.
- Collaborate with the PTG Group Leader and manufacturing sites to develop and install new processes and/or tooling.
- Support the PTG Group Leader on any newly developed processes and tooling to ensure they are sufficiently robust to satisfy the manufacturing team’s safety and quality requirements, customer requirements, and meet awarded business case KPI + CAPEX targets.
- Interface with other AGC global locations to stay engaged with latest technology advancements for consideration of implementation in AANA processes.
- Continuously scan the industry for latest technology advancements for consideration of implementation in AANA processes.
Support mass production operations to improve efficiency of existing processes.
- Independently monitor existing processes for opportunities to lower manufacturing cost, propose possible solutions, and support the manufacturing team through process improvement activity.
- BS in Engineering or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment working as an engineer preferred.
- MS Office Products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- High technical aptitude
- Working GD&T & tolerance stack-up principles
- Demonstrated ability to influence toward a common goal both internally and externally.
- Communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to travel both internationally and domestically as required, 25-50%
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, 14 paid holidays, 401k with Company match, free uniforms, safety boot reimbursement program, prescription safety glasses (frames and lenses) and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.