AGC | Process Engineer, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Process Engineer will determine operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure safety, quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met.
- Evaluates, implements, and monitors processes and operating systems for the manufacture of glass products
- Assists, advises, troubleshoots, and expedites resolutions and implementations of corrective actions to facilitate cost reduction and control, work simplifications, safety, associate relations, budgetary conformance, or other department concerns
- Researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to current equipment
- Creates, edits, and maintains necessary documentation to maintain various company and outside certifications
- Monitors and improves the efficiency, output, safety, and quality of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting/analyzing data from other technical and operating personnel
- Assists in strategic planning, training, and development of all associates
- Lead technical and operating personnel in a team environment to improve safety, efficiency, output, and quality of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrates leadership values in all aspect of responsibilities
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 2 – 5 years manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Quality systems, TS/IATF 16949 knowledge
- Knowledge of PFMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, and APQP processes
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong process skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members and management
- Ability to work through and influence others
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.