AGC | Production Associates, Bellefontaine, OH
AGC Automotive located in Bellefontaine, OH is seeking qualified Production Associates within our Production departments. In this role, you will be responsible for operating production lines in such a manner as to ensure the safety of self and others as well as the quality of the product produced. These are hourly positions with a starting wage rate over $15 per hour plus $0.60 shift premium. Top rate over $21.00 per hour, plus quarterly bonus potential, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid time off, deferred holiday pay, attendance incentives, 401k with Company match and opportunities for career advancement.
- Ensures safety of self and others within the production area and is responsible for notifying supervisor or safety team of any and all safety concerns
- Operates equipment in accordance with established production procedures for production of glass product to meet the quality of product and ensure customer satisfaction
- Supplies line with raw materials as may be required
- May operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs periodic quality checks in accordance with established procedures
- Performs troubleshooting of line or quality concerns
- Participates in or leads Kaizen activities to ensure the continuous improvement of processes
- Maintains 5S standards which include general cleaning, correct placement of tools, etc.
- Performs minor maintenance of equipment as may be required
- Actively participate in all activities within the production environment
- Demonstrates AGC Way in all aspect of responsibilities
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Reading, writing, and basic math skills
- Experience using trimming and banding tools and hoists, monitoring machinery, and applying mechanical aptitude while making adjustments with tools such as wrenches
- Basic computer skills and experience with measurement tools and gauges
- Candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks involving extensive use of hands and fingers related to assembly
- Able to climb stairs and ladders, and visually distinguish colors and inspect items for defects
- Ability to learn quality standards for the production of glass product
- Attention to detail with demonstrated ability in problem solving
- Must be available to work on all three shifts (7am – 3pm, 3pm – 11pm and 11pm – 7am), weekends and holidays as required
- Desire to work as part of a team and have good work and safety habits
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, perform repetitive arm movements, lift up to 70 lbs. occasionally and up to 35 lbs. repetitively
- Stand on concrete for extended periods of time for up to 8 hrs. and sometimes 12 hours per shift, and withstand temperatures of up to 100 degrees plus
- Work voluntary and mandatory overtime
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement. If you would like more information or are interested in applying, please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements.
Submissions that do not contain salary requirements will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.