AGC | Packaging Manager, Farmington Hills, MI
The Packaging Manager identifies, evaluates, qualifies and manages AANA automotive value-added and fabrication operations’ packaging suppliers to meet internal/external customer requirements and support AANA’s profit objectives. Understands New Model Launch project milestones and requirements to ensure all aspects of packaging are accounted prior to build-events and product launch. Supports current production packaging requirements, including engineering changes and VA/VE opportunities.
- Implement efficient and effective packaging procedures and policies to add optimal value for AANA and our Tier 2 assembly locations.
- Ensure visibility of packaging costs and transparency of timelines to project leaders.
- Manage customer packaging proposal portals.
- Issue and follow-up with approvals for packaging expenditure.
- Ensure order issuance and follow-up to ensure project milestones are met.
- Lead and/or participate on teams in problem root cause investigation with resolution of supplier performance issues.
- Develop and manage strong supplier support relationship.
- Establish and maintain solid, effective communication flow between packaging suppliers and AANA sites.
- Participate in ongoing VA/VE programs with suppliers and purchasing to provide a competitive advantage to AANA.
- Develop supplier technical capabilities as required to assure product cost and quality integrity
- 4-year College degree required with background in Automotive Packaging or Business. MBA preferred.
- 5 + years’ experience in automotive packaging, auto industry, or related fields, preferably with experience in glass handling / rack design.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in management of supplier problem solving.
- Ability to interact with suppliers, customers, and internal management with a high level of effectiveness.
- Self starter, well-organized, able to make sound business and organizational decisions based upon strategic plans.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.