AGC | Second Shift Maintenance Team Leader, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive located in Alabaster, AL is seeking a qualified 2nd shift Maintenance Team Leader.
In this hourly role, you will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems and processes, to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. You will be responsible for providing technical support for maintenance, engineering, and production activities for the assigned shift while leading the shift team members.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Direct and instruct work of maintenance associates
- Guide efforts of maintenance associates to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities and facilities
- Define, develop, administer, and refine preventive/predictive activities
- Support new equipment design, building, installation and start-up
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, and defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Associate degree – Industrial Maintenance, Industrial Electrician or Advanced Manufacturing Technician
- 5-7 years related experience
- Related Trade certification preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders
- Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills
- PLC experience a plus
- Experience with robotics preferred
- Must be highly motivated and be able to work independently
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Maintenance Team Leader pay rate of $32.85 per hour plus $0.50 2nd shift premium
- Eligibility for quarterly bonus payouts
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Life insurance
- Opportunity for promotion and advancement
- Paid vacation based on length of employment
- Fourteen paid holidays per year
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Safety boot reimbursement program
- Annual Perfect Attendance bonus
- Various employee discount programs
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.