AGC | Program Buyer, Farmington Hills, MI
Responsible for planning and execution of supplier sourcing for parts and services for all new programs. The position requires coordination of activities between the suppliers and different functional areas of AGC to ensure program milestones are met on time. Major KPI milestones include meeting budgeted total cost of acquisition targets, full understanding of supplier direct variable costs and contribution margin, program timing, supplier quality expectations and capacity.
- Lead purchasing activities as a key team member of the Program Team to develop cost targets for all bill of material items and supplier investments prior to customer quotes
- Act as primary interface of the Program Team with suppliers
- Lead the Request for Quote process and analysis with appropriate cost breakdown/contribution margin analysis for all cost estimations and sourcing activities prior to sourcing recommendation
- Lead the Program Team is feasibility and risk assessment of supplier capabilities, quality, and logistics during the sourcing process
- Ensure all program supplier sourcing activity is aligned with AGC Purchasing Commodity Strategy
- Negotiate long-term contracts for supplier pricing, service and supply assurance agreement to support company strategic planning and cost goals for all new programs
- Ensure supplier nominations for sourcing approval meet all program requirements including total cost to budget, timing, quality and capacity.
- Generate and issue Purchase Orders to suppliers for investments and prototype orders
- Communicate new program supplier sourced pricing and commercial terms to the AGC Plant Buyers
- Lead appropriate supplier monitoring, corrective actions, and escalation where needed to ensure Purchasing milestones of the New Program Launch process are met on time
- Provide effective reporting/analysis and implementation as required to support company planning/budgeting process, new product quotations, sourcing awards, supplier cost reduction strategies, and other needs as identified
- BS degree required. Supplier Chain or Engineering related major preferred
- Technical experience or manufacturing environment experience required.
- 7 to 10 years working in purchasing, with automotive experience (Tier 1 and/or Tier 2) required
- Experience with Japanese OEM’s, preferred
- Experience with SAP, AS400 and MAPICS desired
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and efficiently with program teams and suppliers
- Strong conflict management skills are a must to lead/support purchasing activities
- Strong leadership skills are a must to lead supplier negotiations
- Ability to travel internationally & domestically by air or by car
- Ability to work in office environment
- Japanese speaking and writing, a plus
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement. If you would like more information or are interested in applying please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements at: https://agccareers.com/agc-automotive-careers/ Submissions that do not contain salary requirements will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.