AGC | Process Engineer, Alabaster, AL
Summary of Position
AGC Automotive located in Alabaster, AL is seeking a qualified Process Engineer.
This position will support all value-added assembly requirements including benchmarking, process development, work cell design, continuous improvement activities, new model launch (NML), and technical support for all assy. lines with a predominant focus on glass encapsulation processes and related equipment.
- Monitor processes for opportunities to streamline.
- Provide support and problem-solving leadership for daily technical and process problems.
- Assess processes for technical or capability problems and accurate budgetary numbers.
- Lead and participate in multi-task improvement teams.
- Analyze data to ensure root cause is determined. Develop appropriate counter measures to eliminate or significantly reduce the potential for recurrence.
- Hands on during prototype and pre-production builds.
- Define process and equipment requirements with collaboration with AVO sites.
- Follow tooling, gauge, equipment builds, and runoffs to ensure meeting specifications and timing.
- Coordination and detailing of work cell installation in AVO sites. Support of preproduction runs and successful SOP + 90 days.
- RFA support and writing to most recent standards.
- Supervisory responsibility as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree, preferably technical degree (plastic or material engineering)
- Problem solving experience (8d, 5P, RCA) required.
- Proficient with APQP processes
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 or more years within the injection molding industry with strong process knowledge and experience
- Experience in injection molding, assembly and or glass encapsulation
- Experience in a problem-solving discipline such as Six Sigma or KT.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
- Auto CAD Experience
- Understanding of PLC’s
- Vision camera systems
- Basics of electronics
- Robot experience (Fanuc, ABB and Motoman)
- SPC experience
- Experience with APQP, Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan.
- Basic understanding of lean manufacturing concepts
- Basic understanding of GD&T for reviewing product prints.
- Experience leading a team
- Effective communication and people skills
- Engineering principles, theories, concepts, practices, and techniques associated with scientific molding.
- BTI AIM (American Injection Molding Institute) PTE certification
- 3-D modeling software (NX preferred).
- Experience with DVP&R process
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- Eligibility for annual bonus payouts
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Life insurance
- Opportunity for promotion and advancement
- Paid vacation based on length of employment
- Fourteen paid holidays per year
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Safety boot reimbursement program
- Various employee discount programs
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.