AGC | Supplier Quality Engineer, Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The Supplier Quality Engineer will drive suppliers’ development activities using APQP tools for new products. These development activities will include among others; validating and approving their development schedule, D/P FMEA, Process Flow, Control Plan and PPAP to meet the AGC and OEM development milestones. Strong use of AGC Way tools and methodology is expected.
This role is responsible for leading supplier APQP roadmap to ensure suppliers have successful launches from business award to SOP plus 90 days. Reporting and communicating with the New Model Launch Team and AGC development team the supplier status and escalate risk items as appropriate. The Supplier Quality Engineer reviews and approves the supplier product development schedule. They travel to Supplier locations to assist with product development problem solving and lead risk mitigation activities according to key development milestones. Reviews and approves Prototype and pre-production quality of parts. Identifies & resolves critical supplier issues that could affect SEQCDD. Reviews, validates and approves supplier PPAPs. Monitors Supplier Performance up to 90 days after SOP. Transfers project responsibility to the Current-Production SQE (plant). Utilizes Lean Manufacturing concepts to improve supplier’s process to deliver quality improvements. Supports Current Production SQE and AANA plants on critical issues as technical expert with problem solving.
- Bachelors’ degree in mechanical, industrial/manufacturing Engineering preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a SQE/SQA, or in another equivalent Quality, Process or Manufacturing Engineering focused on process improvement is preferred.
- Previous experience with new product development and/or with production ramp-up from low-rate (prototype) production into high rate (mass production) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and the ability to support supplier development activities, continuous improvement initiatives and quality management tools.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles of capacity management, quality management, Lean Manufacturing within an industrial environment and deep understanding of Problem-Solving using tools from Six Sigma, Kepner Tregoe, 5P, etc.
- Working knowledge of AIAG’s MSA, APQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, and SPC Manuals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Ability to read engineering drawings, tolerances and dimensional data.
- Ability to effectively interface with suppliers and internal teams to be able to influence and/or lead change necessary to execute strategy and achieve goals.
- Ability for independent critical thinking to address complex supplier issues
We’re looking for someone who is:
Creative – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Innately Curious – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble/Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What Can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
If you would like more information or are interested in applying, please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements at: AGC Automotive Careers https://agccareers.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.