AGC | Senior Supply Chain Manager, Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position
The Senior Supply Chain Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Supply Chain Management process, providing leadership and aligning the organizational direction and related policies, procedures, and training across NA operations. Lead and coordinate inventory management, capacity planning, material flow, warehousing, packaging, distribution, and forecasting activities to limit cost and improve accuracy. Assure the coordination and execution of the logistics, as well as customs compliance, of all aspects of the supply chain. Oversight and management of delivery performance across customers and NA sites to improve performance and manage escalation as required. Sr. level ownership of MRP systems.
- Ensures processes for materials management results in the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Investigates current supply chain trends and implements solutions where appropriate to optimize the supply chain
Supplier and Material Management:
- Leads materials management practices including sales & operations planning, manages key external and internal supply chain elements such as, supplier performance, container fleet management, on-time delivery and quality, inventory turns, inventory obsolescence, and change management
- Responsible for developing a PFEP (Plan for Every Part) for all NA plants
Sales and Operations Planning:
- Lead the S&OP including Demand Management, Capacity Planning, and Inventory Management & Production Planning process for frozen and forecast periods to communicate KPI performance Communicates planning needs and concerns, contingency planning, and actions to mitigate risk
Master Scheduling and Production Control:
- Provide Leadership in developing, improving, and implementing sound materials management practices and flow to minimize lead time and inventory while achieving demand plan
Inventory Management, Material Flow and Receiving:
- Develops processes, procedures, and metrics for managing inventory, delivery, service levels, and quality
- Plan and implement material flow systems to meet production requirements
- Design and implement plant warehousing strategies for raw materials and work in process goods
- Analyze inventory levels, accuracy, and drive team to optimal results
Logistics, Customs and Warehousing:
- Manage the logistics function, as well as define logistics responsibilities, procedures, processes, and standards and ensure policy adherence within the materials management team
- Lead and ensure import/export compliance and inbound/outbound coordination of logistics for all NA plants
- Participates in inter-departmental teams working towards continuous process improvement, eliminating waste
- Maintain and implement departmental procedures to ensure compliance with TS16949 standards
- Develop and energize a high-performance professional team
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, or other related degrees. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years supply chain or related leadership
- Automotive manufacturing experience desired.
- Strong cross-functional teamwork with collaborative leadership skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
- Knowledge/experience in material, inventory, and production control processes.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Strong team building and talent growth and development skills.
- Ability to travel
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient, and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship.