AGC | Senior HR Manager (Human Resources), Bellefontaine, OH
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with associates and with customers. We are the world’s leading design and manufacturer of automotive glass and glazing systems for OEM and aftermarket industries and part of the AGC Group; the largest global glass supplier.
Summary of Position:
Are you ready to oversee HR at 3 manufacturing sites? AGC Automotive – North America is looking for a Senior Human Resources Manager to oversee all our Ohio sites, i.e. Bellefontaine, Belletech (based in Bellefontaine), and Grove City. You will draw on your knowledge and experience, as well as your big picture view to collaborate and implement key projects. In this role, you’ll join a cross-functional team, interact with plant management teams and build sustainable HR policies & procedures. You’ll always ensure a safe workplace that promotes safe practices for all associates. Successful candidates will break new ground, contribute at a high level and manage an array of HR topics.
- Creating synergy and consistent HR processes, policies, and procedures across three Ohio sites
- Working with Plant Managers and plant management teams, challenging them and coaching for the success of each plant and leadership team
- Analyzing and monitoring local markets to propose changes to compensation structures or other HR related areas to drive competitiveness
- Creating a short, mid and long term People Strategy aligned to overall business goals
- Leading all workforce development activities including shop floor training, applying best practices and innovative modern training techniques at all sites
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or Business
- Master’s degree is preferred in Organizational Development and a PHR or SPHR certification is a plus
- 10+ years of progressive experience in HR in a manufacturing organization (automotive industry experience is preferred)
- Experience managing a team, perhaps even have had multi-site responsibility.
- Organizational development experience and a track record that you are proud of
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Continuous Improvement Mindset – You have an obsession to constantly evaluate and improve processes, policies and procedure to become more efficient. You will not tolerate status quo.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
Relationship Focused – You can build relationships at all levels and understand the importance of human connection in everything you do.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for growth.
If you would like more information or are interested in applying please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.