AGC | R&D Strategic Analyst, Ypsilanti, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA)
is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Strategic Analyst (SA) for its automotive division. The SA is responsible for quantitatively building business cases for early-stage R&D projects, assembling intelligence and drawing insights, and contributing to the company’s roadmap and long-term goals by proposing recommendations based on the responsibilities above.
- Contribute to the development of R&D objectives – identify and evaluate opportunity areas
- Create quantifiable early-stage R&D project business cases given market intelligence including: industry, consumer, customer, and technology
- Develop, propose, and implement workflow to analyze business cases for new R&D products
- Participate in business strategy development related to current and future products
- Contribute to creation of project plans
- Assembling intelligence and drawing insights about competitors, the industry, customers, and end consumers
- Utilize marketing tools to gain and maintain market intelligence required to identify growth opportunities and recommend plan to respond
- Contribute to an intelligence portfolio (opportunities, offerings, and capabilities)
- Participate in meetings across functional teams on defined business strategy deep dives
- Identify and track relevant industry trends and global macro-trends with growth opportunities or threats to core businesses
- Draw insights between results and business situation, market dynamics, and consumer trends
- Build effective relationships across multiple departments in the organization
- Design, implement, and regularly deliver dashboards and other reporting, complete with actionable insights and recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field, or in a quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in Marketing or New Product Development environment
- Working experience developing and implementing market strategy
- Ability to work with customers, internal stakeholders, vendors, external partners, …
- Strong ability to discover, collect, and evaluate market, customer, end-consumer, industry, and emerging technology information, including drawing actionable insights from large amounts of such data
- Ability to understand and communicate complex market issues in a concise manner (written and oral)
- Initiative and ability to work independently, while keeping management informed of shifting priorities and challenges
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical teams on product innovation
- Ability to understand the basics of and importance of a wide range of technical areas
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office, in particular:
- Strong skills with Excel, including complex formulas and dependencies, PivotTables and PivotCharts, and dashboard generation
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills, including presenting complex data in simple and easy-to-digest formats
- Ability to travel up to 20%, domestically and internationally, by air on short notice
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a quantitative discipline
- 5-10 years’ experience in Marketing or New Product Development environment
- Experience with analysis of consumer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits
- Familiarity with powerful data analysis and visualization packages
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
For more information and to apply, please submit your Letter of Interest along with your resume and salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.