AGC | Quality Systems Coordinator, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
The Quality System Coordinator is responsible for developing and controlling new or revised quality related SOPs and deployment policies that align with the objectives and direction of the Quality Organization. This position also ensures the organization operates within established processes to assure the product meets or exceeds all quality standards.
- Manage the document control system
- Develop and ensure successful integration of Quality Systems with the QMS
- Create and conduct internal audits to ensure system compliance
- Manage tracking of internal & external corrective actions
- Assist teams in closure of 8D/5Y actions
- Assist the Quality Systems Manager in the execution of projects
- Review and trend deviation reports
- Review equipment and quality notifications
- Interface with regulatory agencies during inspections and audits
- Direct Supervision of quality auditors and glass repair hourly employe
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (automotive experience a plus)
- IATF-16949 lead auditor certification
- Experience with document control
- Capable of excelling within a team environment
- Capable of accomplishing workload and additional projects with no supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, attention to detail, ability to cross reference information, ability to prioritize work
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Flexibility regarding job assignments
- Passion – Exhibits a dedication to the AGC, plant and department mission, people and values pursuing continuous improvement and thinking deeply about our business.
- Innovation & Change Orientation – Networks with internally and externally. Stimulates, encourages and cultivates new thinking, ideas and experimentation. Exhibits intolerance for maintaining the status quo. Anticipates and quickly adapts to change. Takes calculated risks.
- Leveraging Diversity – Aggressively seeks to eliminate barriers that inhibit collaboration. Identifies and utilizes diverse talent from across the organization. Employs the strengths of diverse teams to facilitate cross-organizational strategy and initiatives.
- Integrity – Behaves in a predictable, consistent and reliable manner. Follows through and delivers on commitments. Leads by example. Communicates an agenda with transparency. Acts in a manner that puts company interest before self-interest. Exhibits unquestionable business ethics on a global basis.
- Courage for Challenge – Expresses optimism and a positive attitude even when faced with adversity and crisis. Makes tough decisions. Learns from failure and recovers. Engages in life-long professional and personal development.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States