AGC | Quality Engineer, Elizabethtown, KY
The Quality Engineer role leads the completion of APQP deliverables to achieve program productivity, cost, and quality targets.
- Leads cross-functional teams to complete APQP deliverables to achieve program targets within program timing with a primary responsibility for control plans
- Assists, advises, troubleshoots, and expedites resolutions and implementations of corrective actions to drive quality, facilitate cost reduction and control, work simplifications, safety, associate relations, budgetary conformance, or other department concerns
- Follow OEM quality processes and submit required documentation / evidence to gain PPAP or other approvals
- Creates, edits, and maintains necessary documentation to maintain various company and outside certifications
- Monitors and improves the efficiency, output, safety, and quality of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting / analyzing data from other technical and operating personnel
- Assists in strategic planning, training, and development of all associates
- Leads technical and operating personnel in a team environment to improve safety, efficiency, output, and quality of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrates leadership values in all aspect of responsibilities
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering related field required
- 2 – 5 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment, automotive preferred
- Knowledge and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, PDCA, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Quality systems, TS / IATF 16949 / AIAG knowledge
- Knowledge of OEM Supplier Portals and related processes
- Knowledge of MMOG / BIQS / VDA / Q1 / etc.
- Knowledge of D/PFMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, and APQP processes
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members, management and customers
- Ability to work through and influence others
- Ability to multi-task
Passion – Exhibits a dedication to the AGC mission, plant and department mission, people and values pursuing continuous improvement and thinking deeply about our business.
Innovation & Change Orientation – Networks with others, internally and externally. Stimulates, encourages and cultivates new thinking, ideas and experimentation. Exhibits intolerance for maintaining the status quo. Anticipates and quickly adapts to change. Takes calculated risks
Influence & Communication – Expresses a clear and inspiring vision of the future. Overcomes resistance to change and builds a commitment for the future. Engages others in achieving more than they believe they can achieve. Takes time to get to know and communicate with others at every level of the company. Facilitates listening, open dialog, and two-way communication.
Leveraging Diversity – Aggressively seeks to eliminate barriers that inhibit collaboration. Identifies and utilizes diverse talent from across the organization. Employs the strengths of diverse teams to facilitate cross-organizational strategy and initiatives.
Selecting & Developing the Best People – Actively engages in identifying and developing successors and high potential candidates for future leadership roles. Sets and demands a consistent standard for selecting from inside or outside and puts them in right positions. Recognizes and mentors unrealized potential in others. Identifies and provides opportunities for growth and development. Provides feedback and coaching to achieve peak performance. Empowers teams to think and work independently.
Leading Toward Success – Empowers individuals and teams to translate vision into goals and goals into action. Provides the resources necessary to attain goals and complete actions. Confirms that actions taken are timely and consistent with best practices from both within and outside the company and industry. Assigns specific accountabilities and holds oneself responsible for outcomes. Engages in a continuous process of “thinking and rethinking” goals, strategies, actions, and progress to arrive at optimal solutions and results (PDCA). Promotes and engages in fact-based decision making that facilitates quick action. Eliminates barriers that impeded progress toward key projects and goals. Persists until goals have been reached.
Integrity – Behaves in a predictable, consistent and reliable manner. Follows through and delivers on commitments. Leads by example. Communicates an agenda with transparency. Acts in a manner that puts company interest before self-interest. Exhibits unquestionable business ethics on a global basis.
Courage for Challenge – Expresses optimism and a positive attitude even when faced with adversity and crisis. Makes tough decisions. Learns from failure and recovers. Engages in life-long professional and personal development.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.