AGC | Quality Engineer, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Quality Engineer leads the completion of APQP deliverables to achieve program productivity, cost, and quality targets. Leads cross-functional teams to achieve program targets within program timing with a primary responsibility for control plans.
- Assists, advises, troubleshoots, and expedites resolutions and implementations of corrective actions to drive quality, facilitate cost reduction and control, work simplifications, safety, associate relations, budgetary conformance, or other department concerns
- Follow OEM quality processes and submit required documentation / evidence to gain PPAP or other approvals
- Creates, edits, and maintains necessary documentation to maintain various company and outside certifications
- Monitors and improves the efficiency, output, safety, and quality of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting / analyzing data from other technical and operating personnel
- Assists in strategic planning, training, and development of all associates
- Leads technical and operating personnel in a team environment to improve safety, efficiency, output, and quality of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrates leadership values in all aspect of responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering-related field required
- 2 – 5 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment, automotive preferred
- Knowledge and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, PDCA, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Quality systems, TS / IATF 16949 / AIAG knowledge
- Knowledge of OEM Supplier Portals and related processes
- Knowledge of MMOG / BIQS / VDA / Q1 / etc.
- Knowledge of D/PFMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, and APQP processes
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Strong customer communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members, management, and customers
- Ability to work through and influence others
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.