AGC | QMS (Quality Management System) Engineer, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The QMS Engineer will lead the management of QMS standards certification activities (IATF 16949, ISO 9001, VDA, etc.). Coordinate and conduct product, process and system audits throughout the North American Plants (Canada, USA, and Mexico). Support the Homologation team on product certification activities for domestic and international safety and regulatory certification systems. Lead and coordinate process improvement activities.
- Lead internal and 2nd party audits according to latest QMS standards (ISO 9001, IATF 16949, VDA, etc.).
- Plan and conduct product and process audits within AGC Automotive Americas (Canada, USA, Mexico).
- Report audit results to management. Follow up all non-conformities detected during audits and ensure closure of findings.
- Assist in external third-party audit activities for QMS and Homologation.
- Support the Homologation team on performing and improving the product certification activities for ECE, JIS, FMVSS, CCC, Taiwan, Brazil, and other international safety certification systems.
- Work with the manufacturing locations and laboratories to standardize testing procedures, methods, and frequencies.
- Lead process improvements projects at the corporate central office and at manufacturing locations.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in Quality assurance a plus.
- Proven plant experience will be preferable.
- Ability to travel extensively, with short notice and internationally; mostly to Canada, USA, and Mexico; occasional travel to Europe and Asia. Expected 50% or more of travel during some months of peak activity.
- Good understating of process and/or value stream mapping.
- Have a broad base of business acumen.
- Reading and writing multiple Languages a plus (Spanish).
- Knowledge in lean manufacturing principles will be a plus.
- Automotive Glass Homologation understanding is a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, relocation and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.