AGC | Production Specialist-EVA, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Provide technical support to production encapsulation process to ensure KPI’s are met.
- Implement quality and safety improvements to the process
- Assist engineer in injection molding process development and implementation
- Provide support and problem-solving leadership for specific process problems to ensure line Quality, Productivity and Yield budget numbers are met
- Lead and participate in process improvement teams
- Effectively communicate to all levels of associates within the company
- Direct staff activities and ensure acceptable job performance
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- High School diploma required
- Associate degree preferred and/or three to five years in related experience
- Certified Production Technician (CPT) preferred
- Injection molding machine process knowledge highly preferred
- Hot runner manifold knowledge highly preferred
- Ability to “teach basic robot automation
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Basic to moderate computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Previous experience in continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong process skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Good understanding of Robotics and Vision Systems
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members and management
- Passion – Exhibits a dedication to the AGC mission, people, values and business. Aggressively pursues continuous improvement to advance the organization. Thinks deeply about conducting our business. Asks questions with curiosity as the core motive.
- Courage for Challenge – Expresses optimism and a positive attitude even when faced with adversity and crisis. Makes tough decisions. Learns from failure and recovers. Engages in life-long professional and personal development.
- Innovation & Change Orientation – Networks with a wide-range of contacts both inside and outside the company. Stimulates, encourages, and cultivates new thinking, ideas and experimentation. Scans the internal and external environment for new ideas. Builds initiatives and business models from “scratch” without depending on past ideas or existing structures and resources. Exhibits intolerance for maintaining the status quo without asking questions. Anticipates and quickly adapts to change. Takes calculated risks.
- Integrity – Behaves in a predictable, consistent, and reliable manner. Follows through and delivers on commitments. Leads by example. Communicates and agenda with transparency. Acts in a manner that puts company interest before self-interest. Exhibits unquestionable business ethics on a global basis.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.