AGC | Product Engineer, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Product Engineering position is responsible for engineering automotive glazing products which we and suppliers can successfully manufacture. This position will ensure that customer technical engineering and system requirements are satisfied and program engineering documentation is maintained within the SharePoint environment. The Product Engineer is also responsible for releasing 3D & 2D data to internal manufacturing plants and to suppliers and to correlate the data into internal engineering documentation.
- Direct and coordinate the technical & engineering activities for assigned projects and programs
- Initiate orders for external CAD services and provide designers with contact information at the external design facility
- Facilitate DFMEA activities, document and archive activity results and review results with the program team and the customer when we are designated as “Design Responsible”
- Lead the glazing systems engineering & design activities (internal/external)
- Work closely with customer to direct design and ensure manufacturability.
- Coordinate design with customer release engineering groups around vehicle to ensure all mating components align with design direction.
- Generate and file program documents:
- Customer Spec Sheets
- Product DVP&R’s
- DFM / DFA Sheets
- Feasibility Checklist
- Data/Tooling Release Forms (CAD data and drawings only)
- Design Review Checklist
- Material & performance specifications reviews
- C/F gage concepts for customer authorization and sign-off
- Manufacturing BOM
- Authorize for release and confirm design level / feasibility, 2D & 3D data generated by Product Designers for the Assembly and all related components supported by the E-BOM
- Support prototyping activities at glass, value-add, and component part plants
- Coordinate FEA and other simulation activities as needed with our Product Technology team members
- Perform technical liaison role between Central Office, manufacturing plants, suppliers, and the OEM customer
- Negotiate technical specifications, tolerances, and alternative design proposals with OEM customer
- Consolidate Cost Quotations:
- CAD & technical information review
- Assist with the compilation of customer tech review materials
- Generate glazing systems VAVE ideas and propose to OEM customer
- Assist with the management of programs
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Understanding of CATIA, UG, Ideas or similar CAD software packages
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Project, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint, Adobe
- Team Center proficient preferred
- Performance on job requires:
- Ability to work in office environment in an engineering work station or conference room setting
- Ability to be hands-on working in the shop-floor industrial environment during trial / supplier visits
- S. or B.S. required in a related technical field
- 3 years of experience in automotive product design [glass experience is a plus]
- Detailed understanding of:
- GD&T & tolerance stack-up principles
- Project Management principles providing capability to manage engineering activities for multiple programs and/or OEM’s
- This position is targeted for career development and succession planning to be a Program Manager within NML, so therefore, targeted person is preferred to have a similar career goals and objective.
- Primary OEM customer group will be Daimler and/or other secondary European OEMs like BMW and Volvo.
- Travel requirement(s) supporting this customer base will be above normal 25~50% (Primary Domestic and Europe).
- Cultural experience with a European OEM customer and/or prior career experience with a European Based Global company would be preferred.
- FAST Paced Environment, willingness to be Hand’s On taking advantage of the position located at a fabrication facility and the fabrication knowledge gained to improve the design of the products planned to be manufactured.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer