AGC | Product Design EngineerFarmington Hills, MI
Product Design Engineer
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC currently has multiple openings for Product Design Engineers to support multiple OEM’s. The Product Design Engineer is responsible for the design and validation of the overall glass assembly related to automotive glazing products which AGC and suppliers can successfully manufacture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Direct and coordinate technical & engineering activities
- Facilitate DFMEA activities, document and archive activity results and review results with the program team and the customer when AGC is designated as “Design Responsible”
- Lead the glazing systems engineering & design review activities
- Generate and file program documents
- 3D / 2D Data Management / Generation
- Support prototyping activities at glass, value-add, and component part plants
- Initiate FEA and other simulation activities
- Perform technical liaison role between CO, manufacturing plants, suppliers, and the OEM customer
- Negotiate technical specifications, tolerances, and alternative design proposals with OEM customer
- Consolidate Cost Quotations
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related technical field
- 3 years of experience in automotive product design (glass experience a plus)
- Detailed understanding of GD&T, tolerance stack-up, and project management principles
- High level capability utilizing CATIA V5, UG, Ideas or similar CAD software packages for 3D models and 2D drawing
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
AGC Product Design Engineer Qualifying questions:
You may download the questions (shown below) to view off-line for your video.
Although not mandatory, we encourage you to submit a 3-minute video detailing your responses to the ‘Qualifying Questions' below.
- What do you get out of engineering that you couldn’t get from any other kind of work?
- How can you best use your education and prior work experience to help our company grow?
- What excites you about the possibility of working for AGC?
Simply upload your video to a video-sharing service such as YouTube or Vimeo, then enter the link to your video in the “Video Link” field in the form below.