AGC | Manufacturing Data Analytics Lead (Manufacturing Operations) – Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The Manufacturing Data Analytics Lead heads the Smart Factory/ Digital transformation / Industry 4.0 (T4) initiatives and projects. Investigates the different technologies or solutions currently on the market, or within the AGC group. Actively engages with the AGC global team activities. Shares local activities and projects and benchmarking other region’s activities and evaluates application or benefits for North America. Promotes the digitalization initiatives with the different departments functions and at manufacturing sites, interact with other subject matter experts to benchmark best practices within the other regions and find solutions to problems. (ex. Phyton, SQL, Java)
- Leads Smart AGC Projects:
- Create the algorithms to Nokra-Isra predictor (From Ewald).
- Develop our own algorithms and internal validation
- Correlation on Furnace profile- Glass shape
- Shape local industry 4.0 vision together with global counterpart
- Roll-out Digital Transformation roadmap at the plant in alignment with HQ direction
- Leads and implement digital transformation projects to upgrade the manufacturing level.
- Paperless: Storage, gathering and analysis of information from equipment (tendencies, early alerts)
- Improvement of OEE tracking and actions (Vorne display or other)
- Standardization of Operations reporting (streamline/ automatize)
- Tracks the progress of assigned projects and provide regular updates of project status
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering or Business Economics degree with work experience in engineering.
- At least 2.5 years of work experience in digitalization, preferably in industry 4.0
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter who can effectively manage multiple priorities
- Quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to constructively challenge ideas and assumptions.
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What Can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive compensation
- Structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
If you would like more information or are interested in applying please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.