AGC | Manufacturing Data Analytics Lead (Manufacturing Operations), Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The Manufacturing Data Analytics Lead heads the Smart Factory/Digital transformation/Industry 4.0 (T4) initiatives and projects. Investigates the different technologies or solutions currently on the market, or within the AGC group. Actively engages with the AGC global team activities. Shares local activities and projects and benchmarking other region’s activities and evaluates application or benefits for North America. Promotes the digitalization initiatives with the different department functions and at manufacturing sites, interact with other subject matter experts to benchmark best practices within the other regions and find solutions to problems.
- Leads Smart AGC Projects:
- Create Predictive Logic about manufacturing systems using standard ML Algorithms (Naïve-Bayes, Neural Networks, Random Forest …. etc)
- Develop, Validate and Deploy algorithms to be used in a manufacturing setting.
- Correlation on Furnace profile- Glass shape
- Shape local industry 4.0 vision together with global counterpart
- Roll-out Digital Transformation roadmap at the plant in alignment with HQ direction
- Leads and implement digital transformation projects to upgrade the manufacturing level.
- Paperless: Storage, gathering and analysis of information from equipment (tendencies, early alerts)
- Improvement of OEE tracking and actions (Vorne display or other)
- Standardization of Operations reporting (streamline/ automatize)
- Utilize SAP to run reports, collect information, update and maintain the relevant metrics information
- Tracks the progress of assigned projects and provide regular updates of project status
Required: Bachelor’s Degree: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, or Supply Chain
- At least 2.5 years of work experience in digitalization, preferably in industry 4.0
- Experience with data management using Python, SQL, Java or similar.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter who can effectively manage multiple priorities
- Quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to constructively challenge ideas and assumptions.
We’re looking for someone that:
Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares, and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
What Can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive compensation
- Structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.