AGC | Manager, Engineering and Maintenance, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
The Manager, Engineering and Maintenance role provides leadership for all Engineering and Maintenance related plant activities including process, support, capital improvement, process improvements and new-model development. This role also oversees the design, planning, maintenance of equipment, machinery, and buildings while ensuring safety, environmental and KPI requirements are met. Communicates regularly with maintenance and engineering team, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance and engineering issues. Monitors and works to reduce consumption and cost of plant utilities.
- Manages plant capital budgets and oversee all capital projects
- Develops long term improvements/capital plan while initiating and carrying out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
- Develops strategic departmental long-and short-range plans to support the company vision and mission
- Develops Engineers and Maintenance staff through coaching and continued training activities
- Leads and/or participates in problem solving activities regarding quality, mechanical and process concerns
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems and the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment to mitigate risk
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving problems
- Assists with hiring of engineering and maintenance personnel
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance supervisor and technicians, and the engineering staff
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance and engineering department
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify improvement opportunities
- Tracks, analyzes, and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations are met consistently
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program
- Coordinates resources to provide process support and maintenance support
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Related field
- 7-10 years of experience in maintenance and an engineering function
- 7 years of leadership experience
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and program PLC's
- Competent in the use of and maintenance of robotics
- Must have experience performing maintenance and managing maintenance professionals that work on hydraulic plastic injection molding presses
- Must lead/support 5S activities for all MRO and component areas
- Must have experience setting up, managing, and sustaining a preventative and predictive maintenance programs
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, equipment manuals and work orders
- Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills
- Experience with plastic injection molding presses preferred
- Trade certification preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, 401(k), comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, discount program, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.