AGC | Maintenance Associate, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive Americas in Alabaster, AL is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Maintenance Associate role. The role performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and process to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Associate degree – Industrial Maintenance or Engineering
- 3 – 5 years related experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders
- Must be highly motivated and be able to work independently
- Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills
- PLC experience a plus
- Experience with robotics preferred
- Trade certification preferred
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Resume is required with application submission.
No recruiter phone calls, please!