AGC | IMDS & Materials Specialist, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Glass Company – North America has an immediate opening for an IMDS & Materials Specialist in Farmington Hills, MI. This individual will be part of a team responsible for leading and administering IMDS (International Material Data Submission) activities beginning with product life; development through service. This position is also responsible for managing the materials database. This position will be located in Farmington Hills, MI; within the Advanced Product Development team.
- Maintain working knowledge of all related requirements and communicate changes
- Instruct, collect, and verify supplier IMDS submissions in accordance with requirements
- Data entry, submission, and reporting of IMDS data
- Coordinate with internal departments and external suppliers to meet customer requirements
- Establish and meet schedules at each milestone of the IMDS process
- Evaluate and report engineering documentation including engineering changes, bills of materials and 2D drawings required to complete IMDS submissions
- Monitor and propose improvements to IMDS and related engineering processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and confirm product(s) and their respective material make-up, verify specification and validation testing results
- Create, publish, and maintain documentation and user training material for workflow and document management
- Bachelor’s in a related technical field or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in IMDS collection, analysis, preparation, submission, and systems
- Domestic and international travel up to 20% (by car and air)
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural work environment with excellent attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, quality-driven, and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Project, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint, Adobe
- Team Center proficient preferred
- Product or materials engineering experience preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.