AGC | CAD Designer – AGNA Auto, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC is currently seeking a CAD Designer to be responsible for designing glass assemblies and component related to automotive glazing products. This position will develop and maintain a 3D / 2D database within Team Center consisting of received OEM data and internally designed AGC glass assembly data including.
Responsibilities will include:
- 3D / 2D Data Management / Generation:
- Generate 2D engineering drawings, utilizing AGC 2D drawing template, and 3D CAD models for components
- Include BOM, material specs, GD&T, product validation criteria, referencing AGC design standards manual
- Interface directly with assembly product design engineer and component product design engineer to complete designs
- Communicate component CAD data to component suppliers, tool suppliers, and AGC plants based upon CAD data transfers provided by product design engineer and component product design engineer
- Maintain CAD data version history and CAD file tracking
- Document CAD data transfer procedures for each end-user internal and external
- Perform Simulation PIS, Wiper, Feasibility Study analysis tools, etc. based upon CAD Work Order submitted by product design engineer and component product design engineer
- S. or B.S. required in a related technical field
- 3 years of experience in automotive product design [glass experience is a plus]
- Detailed understanding of D&T & tolerance stack-up principles
- High-level capability utilizing CATIA V5, UG, Ideas or similar CAD software packages for 3D models and 2D drawing
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Project, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint, Adobe
- Team Center proficient
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements on a cover letter.