AGC | Advanced Corporate Purchasing Lead, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Advanced Corporate Purchasing Lead is responsible for all new programs which include meeting project milestones. Major KPI milestones include meeting budgeted total cost of acquisition targets, full understanding of supplier direct variable costs and contribution margin, project timing, supplier quality expectations and capacity. This position will be responsible for planning and execution of sourcing for parts and services and coordination of activities between different functional areas to ensure project(s) assigned are on time and under budget.
- Lead purchasing activities as a key team member with the Project Team to develop and agree cost targets for new components prior to customer quote including all bill of material items and investments.
- Lead activities within purchasing to Identify new potential suppliers to meet capability needs and manage the development process to determine whether the supplier meets the requirements to become an approved AGC Automotive supplier.
- Ensure early production supplier nomination and sourcing approval to meet all program milestones including total cost to budget, timing, quality and capacity. Key communicator to the project team with only approved suppliers that can be considered for the supplier bid list. This must include consideration of supplier capability, supplier quality and overall competitiveness.
- Responsible to ensure that AGC meets all purchasing budget milestones including all cost changes are justified and recovered appropriately to maintain budget.
- Lead the development and implementation of new program launch process within AGC Automotive purchasing including appropriate monitoring, corrective action and escalation where needed. This includes performance metrics, tracking, and performance status and alerts where appropriate.
- Lead the process and analysis of Request for Quote and with appropriate cost breakdown/contribution margin analysis for all cost estimations and sourcing activities prior to sourcing recommendation.
- Ensure all advanced sourcing activity is aligned with AGC purchasing commodity strategy.
- Key member of the program launch team providing necessary purchasing support.
- Negotiate long-term contracts with full cost breakdown / contribution understanding for supplier pricing, service and supply assurance agreement to support company strategic planning and cost goals for all Automotive purchases
- Act as primary interface for the company with strategic suppliers
- Provide effective reporting/analysis and implementation as required to support company planning/budgeting process, new product quotations, sourcing awards, supplier cost reduction strategies, and other needs as identified
- Effectively perform qualification assessments on existing and new suppliers and lead activities to support needed supplier improvements
- BS degree required. Preference given to major in supply chain related or engineering area.
- Technical experience or manufacturing environment experience required.
- 7 to 10 years experience in purchasing, with automotive experience (Tier 1 and/or Tier 2) required
- Ability to travel internationally & domestically by air or by car
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.