AGC | Accountant, Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The purpose of this role is to support the Accounting Team in the accurate and timely recording and reporting of financial data for the consolidated AANA organization.
- General Accounting
- Maintains the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger, including sub ledger to ledger reconciliation and account reconciliations
- Ensures that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by management
- Assists Accounting & Treasury Manager in timely recording of daily cash transactions
- Prepares and records month-end accruals and closing journal entries
- Maintains vendor master, customer master, and FX rate tables (SAP)
- Assists with preparation of supporting documentation for audits and interacts with internal and external auditors as needed
- Participates in JSOX/internal audit process level self-assessments for assigned areas
- Assists Accounting & Treasury Manager with the completion of annual tax packages
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Works closely with other members of accounting, management, and additional corporate departments
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures
- Document procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business, or an Associate degree with accounting experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in general accounting, preferably in manufacturing
- SAP experience a plus
- Solid foundation of General Accounting and U.S. GAAP, experience with IFRS a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong skills with ERP systems or other financial reporting tools (SAP preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word skills
- Ability to be a strong contributor in cross-functional teams
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient, and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What Can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.