AGC | IT Project Manager, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The IT Project Manager manages day-to-day project activities to ensure IT programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements. Implements and provides guidance related to project management processes and policies, oversees the work of individuals performing the project management tasks, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. Gathers information and provides input for the IT mid-term planning process. This role needs to be familiar with project management concepts, practices, and procedures within the technology field. This position would also be expected to play a key role in the upcoming enterprise-wide ERP program utilizing industry best practices. You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced team, incorporating and inventing emerging software technologies to deliver best practice ERP solutions.
- Responsible for managing multiple IT projects, track project status, prioritize projects against competing requests and report on all existing projects to the senior leadership team
- Lead the governance council process for project prioritization and refine the process to simplify and provide visibility to the senior leadership team
- Review the current supplier collaboration solution and define a long-term strategy for supplier collaboration for direct procurement
- Participate as a subject matter expert in ERP implementation and provide support as a functional best-practice expert. Our preferred area of expertise is the logistics area (Procure to pay, Order to Cash, Supply chain functions or production planning) in SAP
- Work closely with the Program Manager to develop detailed plans and assist with business process changes, problem resolution, and functional decisions
- Guide functional and technical teams in best practices for ERP technical configurations and business processes
- Proactively anticipate potential roadblocks and take corrective action to keep the project on track. Escalate issues to the leadership team as needed.
- Provide functional and technical oversight supporting the ERP Core team and Technical team members
- Assist the Data assessment, data cleansing, and data conversion activities for the ERP project
- Assist the OCM team in developing test plans and training strategies for the ERP project
- 4 Year degree in computer sciences, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years Project management in an ERP implementation. SAP experience preferred
- No visa sponsorship available
- Experience implementing ERP in a Functional Lead role across Procure to pay, Order to Cash, Supply chain functions or production planning area
- Experience working with cross-functional and/or technical team(s) in a collaborative software development environment, including managing technical and functional team members across various projects
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to drive change
- Proven ability to handle complexity
- Strong customer service orientation, enjoys people and creates raving fans
- Curious, goal-oriented and highly self-motivated with a passion for driving transformative change
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Work experience in the automotive industry a plus
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.