AGC | Supply Chain Manager, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Coordinates, organizes and oversees all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production and distribution of company goods. Works to minimize shortages, lead local supply chain cost reduction activities, oversee the management of local inventory local levels, mitigate expedites and deliver product on time.
- Organize and oversee inventory by keeping a detailed database of available inventory and expected usage per project. Maintain detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in warehouse while analyzing inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste and optimize customer service.
- Develop & maintain all site supply chain processes based on best practices, adjacent functions and stakeholders for alignment and execution, while driving sustainable supply chain performance through capacity management responsiveness, delivery performance, supplier management and inventory management.
- Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution. Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Coordinate with production and new model launch for any changeovers, new parts and ramp ups, by understanding all requirements for new parts / service and assure that required information is relayed to necessary parties (Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Materials).
- Ensures compliance with certifying agencies and customer requirements including IATF16949, C-TPAT, JSOX.
- Identify, define and implement improvements to supply chain processes and performance, incorporating lean principles and cycle time reduction strategies.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department. Leading people and managing performance. Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related discipline
- APICS/CPIM certification (American Production and Inventory Control Society – Certified Production & Inventory Management)
- 7+ years of manufacturing materials management experience.
- One (1) year in a leadership and/or supervisory role in manufacturing materials management.
- Experience with Materials, Production Scheduling, logistics required.
- Experience working with an MRP/ERP system preferably related to SAP.
- Experience in preparation and appropriate allocation of department budget.
- Experience in problem solving and resolution.
- Experience in conducting performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Experience with inventory budgets of $5M or greater. and controlling inventory requirements.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills to maintain plant relationships with operations, customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Effective facilitation and coaching skills.
- High degree of commitment and initiative.
- Team based management style and interaction skills.
- Moderate to strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to recruit, coach, and/or terminate employment in coordination with HR Manager.
- Networks effectively across all business stakeholders and sister plants within those businesses to share key learnings and capitalize on best practices.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast paced, and rapidly changing environment.
Passion – Exhibits a dedication to the AGC mission, people, values and business. Aggressively pursues continuous improvement to advance the organization. Thinks deeply about conducting our business. Asks questions with curiosity as the core motive.
Courage for Challenge – Expresses optimism and a positive attitude even when faced with adversity and crisis. Makes tough decisions. Learns from failure and recovers. Engages in life-long professional and personal development.
Innovation & Change Orientation – Networks with a wide range of contacts both inside and outside the company. Stimulates, encourages, and cultivates new thinking, ideas and experimentation. Scans the internal and external environment for new ideas. Builds initiatives and business models from “scratch” without depending on past ideas or existing structures and resources. Exhibits intolerance for maintaining the status quo without asking questions. Anticipates and quickly adapts to change. Takes calculated risks.
Integrity – Behaves in a predictable, consistent, and reliable manner. Follows through and delivers on commitments. Leads by example. Communicates an agenda with transparency. Acts in a manner that puts company interest before self-interest. Exhibits unquestionable business ethics on a global basis.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.