AGC | Supply Chain Manager, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive located in Alabaster, AL is seeking a qualified Supply Chain Manager.
Coordinates, organizes, and oversees all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of company goods. Works to minimize shortages, lead local supply chain cost reduction activities, oversee the management of local inventory local levels, mitigate expedites and deliver product on time.
- Organize and oversee inventory by keeping a detailed database of available inventory and expected usage per project. Maintain detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in warehouse while analyzing inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste and optimize customer service.
- Develop & maintain all site supply chain processes based on best practices, adjacent functions and stakeholders for alignment and execution, while driving sustainable supply chain performance through capacity management responsiveness, delivery performance, supplier management and inventory management.
- Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution. Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials
- Coordinate with production and new model launch for any changeovers, new parts and ramp ups, by understanding all requirements for new parts / service and assure that required information is relayed to necessary parties (Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Materials).
- Ensures compliance with certifying agencies and customer requirements including IATF16949, C-TPAT, JSOX
- Identify, define and implement improvements to supply chain processes and performance, incorporating lean principles and cycle time reduction strategies.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department. Leading people and managing performance. Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related discipline
- APICS/CPIM certification (American Production and Inventory Control Society – Certified Production & Inventory Management)
- 7+ years of manufacturing materials management experience.
- One (1) year in a leadership and/or supervisory role in manufacturing materials management.
- Experience with Materials, Production Scheduling, logistics required.
- Experience working with an MRP/ERP system preferably related to SAP.
- Experience in preparation and appropriate allocation of department budget.
- Experience in problem solving and resolution.
- Experience in conducting performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Experience with inventory budgets of $5M or greater. and controlling inventory requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills to maintain plant relationships with operations, customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Effective facilitation and coaching skills.
- High degree of commitment and initiative.
- Team based management style and interaction skills.
- Moderate to strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, and proficient in the use of SAP.
- Ability to recruit, coach, and/or terminate employment in coordination with HR Manager.
- Networks effectively across all business stakeholders and sister plants within those businesses to share key learnings and capitalize on best practices.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast paced, and rapidly changing environment.
Why work at AGC Automotive?
- Temperature controlled working environment
- Yearly bonus potential
- On the job training
- Company provided uniforms
- Steel toe shoe allowance every 2 years
- Opportunity for advancement
- Referral Bonus Program
Benefits Include: Paid Time Off – 14 paid Holidays – Company matching 401k – Anthem Health, Dental and Vision – Company paid life insurance – FSA and HSA – Employee Discount Program – Employee Assistance Program – Supplemental Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.