AGC | Supplier Development Engineer, Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for evaluating, monitoring, and developing suppliers to ensure that suppliers meet all the technical and commercial requirements for AGC Automotive and AGC Automotive’s customers.
Location: Farmington, Hills, MI
- Review Supplier Self-Assessments for new potential suppliers and provide feedback to the Commodity Purchasing team.
- Schedule and conduct on-site supplier audits for new potential suppliers, current supplier requalification, or current supplier escalation.
- Request supplier corrective action plans, evaluate supplier improvement plans, monitor and provide feedback to suppliers on improvement plan effectiveness.
- Timely problem identification & resolution of critical supplier escalation issues.
- Participate in the supplier sourcing process giving input on supplier production, quality, and technology capabilities.
- Review and provide feedback on approval of Supplier Part Feasibility Commitments.
- Collect and review supplier quality and delivery performance data information from the AGC Automotive plants every month; Create and issue quarterly Supplier Scorecards.
- Complete annual Supplier Risk Assessments and Contingency Plan evaluations.
- Identify new technologies and processes that enhance cost, quality, and delivery.
- Support AGC Automotive plants regarding supplier management information during internal, certification, and customer audits.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Operations Management, or Supply Chain.
- IATF 16949:2016 Internal Auditor Certification (IATF 16949:2016 Supplier Auditor Certification preferred).
- VDA 6.3 Process Auditor Certification, preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a Supplier Development Engineer, Purchasing, Supplier Quality Engineer, or in another engineering role responsible for developing, managing and improving supplier relationships, processes and efficiencies is required.
- Previous experience within manufacturing as an Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, or directly related engineering role focused on process improvement.
- Previous experience with new product development and/or with production ramp-up from low-rate (prototype) production into high rate (mass production).
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and the ability to support supplier development activities, continuous improvement initiatives and quality management tools.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles of capacity management, quality management, Lean Manufacturing within an industrial environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Ability to read engineering drawings, tolerances, and dimensional data.
- Performance on job requires:
- Ability to work in office environment in an engineering workstation or conference room setting.
- Ability to be hands-on working in the shop-floor industrial environment during trial/supplier visits.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, paid company holidays, 401k with Company match, free uniforms, and opportunities for career advancement.
If you would like more information or are interested in applying submit your resume and salary requirements at: www.agccareers.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.