AGC | Senior Network Engineer Farmington Hills, MI or Bellefontaine, OH
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Network Engineer position will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of all LAN and WAN network infrastructure technology within AGC Automotive Americas environment.
Provide expertise and leadership in the design, configuration and management of all enterprise, data center, manufacturing facilities and cloud network services.
- Lead, develop and enhance other network engineers in their ability to support operations and services within scope of network function.
- Provide strategic guidance to IT Leadership team regarding latest technologies, solutions and best practices.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve network issues across the enterprise.
Farmington Hills, MI or Bellefontaine, OH
Strategy & Planning
- Lead the integration of new enterprise network systems and services
- Ensure compatibility & interoperability of all network Infrastructure
- Collaborate with IT team members to ensure smooth and reliable operation of IT Infrastructure for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Review, analyze and optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of network services
- Provide project leadership skills for areas identified as champion
- Offer strategic guidance to IT Leadership regarding latest technologies, solutions and best practices.
- Architecture and administration of networking hardware such as switches, routers, firewalls, wireless and security appliances.
- Maintenance of network management platforms such as firewall management platforms, network configuration management tools and vulnerability management systems.
- Provide reporting and continuous improvement for KPI’s to IT Leadership
- Develop and maintain relationships with key third-party vendors to enhance and continue support within network service areas.
- Deliver subject matter expertise for all networking technologies with heavy participation in key decision-making processes as it relates to procurement and modifications of technology within the environment.
- Provide support for OT/IT manufacturing networks and network services, including, but not limited to configuration, support, availability, connectivity, performance, security, and protection.
- Development, training and knowledge transfer to other network engineers in day to day administration of network environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; equivalent experience will be considered in replacement.
- Certifications in key network systems and platforms desired.
- 5 or more years of experience as Network Engineer or similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in leading network implementations for an enterprise environment.
- Leading network services within areas such as: LAN/WAN network design, administration, virtualization, enterprise wireless, cloud connectivity, security, performance tuning and monitoring, logging/auditing.
- Subject matter expertise within network service areas such as VPN’s, Next Generation Firewalls, SD-WAN technologies.
- Architecting and supporting OT/IT networks as it relates to segmentation, security controls and industry best practices.
- Experience with multiple technology partners including Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco, ZScaler, SolarWinds and Azure.
- Cloud Networking, Cisco Networking Products, Zero Trust Architectures
- Expert level in Layer 2, Layer 3 networking concepts with hands on experience
- Deep understanding of all routing protocols, network design standards, enterprise wireless configurations
- Enterprise connectivity design, architecture, support (MPLS, SDWAN, On Premise, Cloud)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both oral and written; Leadership; Organization and prioritization.
- Travel as needed to all enterprise locations to perform maintenance, support and implementation activities.
- Be proactive, reliable, self-accountable, self-motivated and driven to make an impact
- Perform under pressure and be productive while multitasking.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, paid company holidays, 401k with Company match, free uniforms, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.