AGC | Senior HR Manager (Human Resources), Bellefontaine, OH
Are you ready to oversee HR at 3 manufacturing sites?
AGC Automotive – North America is looking for a Senior Human Resources Manager to oversee all our Ohio sites, i.e. Bellefontaine, Belletech (based in Bellefontaine), and Grove City. You will draw on your knowledge and experience, as well as your big picture view to collaborate and implement key projects. In this role, you’ll join a cross-functional team, interact with plant management teams and build sustainable HR policies & procedures. Successful candidates will break new ground, contribute at a high level and manage an array of HR topics.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for creating synergy and consistent HR processes, policies, and procedures across three Ohio sites. You’ll work with Plant Managers and plant management teams, challenging them and coaching for the success of each plant and leadership team. You’ll analyze and monitor local markets to propose changes to compensation structures or other HR related areas to drive competitiveness. Create a short, mid and long term People Strategy aligned to overall business goals. Lead all workforce development activities including shop floor training, applying best practices and innovative modern training techniques at all sites. You’ll always ensure a safe workplace that promotes safe practices for all associates.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset – You have an obsession to constantly evaluate and improve processes, policies and procedure to become more efficient. You will not tolerate status quo.
- Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
- Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
- Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
- Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
- Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
- Relationship Focused – You can build relationships at all levels and understand the importance of human connection in everything you do.
You have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in HR or Business. A Master’s degree is preferred in Organizational Development and a PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
You also have 10+ years of progressive experience in HR in a manufacturing organization (automotive industry experience is preferred). You’ve managed a team, perhaps even have had multi-site responsibility. You definitely have organizational development experience and a track record that you’re proud of.
Reasons you’ll love it here:
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with associates and with customers. We are the world’s leading design and manufacturer of automotive glass and glazing systems for OEM and aftermarket industries and part of the AGC Group; the largest global glass supplier.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for growth. If you would like more information or are interested in applying please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements.
Visit https://www.agc.com/en/ to learn more about AGC.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.