Senior HR Generalist, Bellefontaine, OH
Assists with the day-to-day activities of the human resources function for a single site facility.
- Participates in development of departmental goals, objectives, and associate relations plans
- Develops and maintains relationships with employment agencies, universities, and other recruitment sources
- Coordinates and maintains all hourly employee records including personnel, benefits, confidential, and training files
- Develops, prepares, and distributes reports as required on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis
- Administers hourly performance management system
- Manages FMLA program including review of request, approval/denial of request, and notification to employee in accordance with Department of Labor standards and coordination with other leave types
- Coordinates, conducts and/or participates in conflict resolution activities
- Conducts and coordinates investigations with appropriate personnel as necessary
- Acts as primary HR interface with associates
- Leads associate on-boarding
- Ensures all proper documentation is in place for all associate record keeping
- Works closely with corporate benefits and payroll teams to ensure all benefit plans and payroll activities are in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Coordinates and facilitates associate meetings and events
- Coaches leadership team for skill development in coordination with HR Manager
- Establishes and ensures strong and positive associate relations environment
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Passion – Exhibits a dedication to the AGC mission, plant and department mission, people and values pursuing continuous improvement and thinking deeply about our business.
- Innovation & Change Orientation – Networks with others, internally and externally. Stimulates, encourages and cultivates new thinking, ideas and experimentation. Exhibits intolerance for maintaining the status quo. Anticipates and quickly adapts to change. Takes calculated risks
- Integrity – Behaves in a predictable, consistent and reliable manner. Follows through and delivers on commitments. Leads by example. Communicates an agenda with transparency. Acts in a manner that puts company interest before self-interest. Exhibits unquestionable business ethics on a global basis.
- Courage for Challenge – Expresses optimism and a positive attitude even when faced with adversity and crisis. Makes tough decisions. Learns from failure and recovers. Engages in life-long professional and personal development.
- Bachelor’s degree – Business Management / Human Resources
- Five to seven years of human resources experience
- Two to three years of experience in manufacturing environment
- PHR or other HR certifications preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, KT, 8D, etc.
- Advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge of ADP, Kronos or other HR systems
- Strong leadership, facilitation and coaching skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret, implement, and ensure compliance to federal and state employment regulations with ability to establish resource to stay abreast of potential changes to regulations/law that may impact the company
- Self-motivated, energetic with the ability to think outside the norm
- Ability to halt or suspend operations based upon safety or quality concerns.
- Ability to recruit, coach, and/or terminate employment in coordination with HR Manager
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement. If you would like more information or are interested in applying please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements at: https://agccareers.com/agc-automotive-careers/ Submissions that do not contain salary requirements will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.