AGC | Program Manager, Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The Program Manager is responsible for launching new major/minor models and engineering changes into mass production at the AGC Glass, AGC Value-Add and Tier-2 Value Add plants, in addition to component supplier plants. The position will have the responsibility to manage all aspects of the New Model Launch process managing deliverables of the entire cross-functional program team with a heavy emphasis on product schedule and cross-functional organizational alignment. The position will ensure that OEM Customer deliverables and launch schedules are fulfilled and that internal yield, productivity, quality KPIs, tooling budgets, and product cost targets are met. The Program Manager will ensure that relevant New Model Launch information is communicated effectively and timely within all levels of the organization and will proactively drive resolution to all critical and serious issues prior to the start of production.
- Coordinate and lead program team through Customer and AGC New Model Launch “APQP” development process to launch programs into Mass Production at the glass, assembly, and Tier-2 supplier locations at quoted part cost and manufacturing KPI(s)
- With support from sales, engineering, and quality serve as the primary communication interface between AGC and the customer and ensure that customer expectations, deliverables, build schedules and quality requirements are met.
- Lead program team maintaining AGC timeline that is aligned with Customer development schedule, Internal Lead Time targets, and individual Risk Assessment analysis.
- Lead periodic Program Review Meetings with the program team reviewing and updating program timing, Open Issues, New Model Gate Checklist, and program achievement in the areas of Quality, Cost, and Delivery. Not required to use New Model Gate Checklist unless management directed.
- Communicate new model launch information in a timely and effective manner with all levels of the organization and drive proactive resolution to all serious issues prior to mass production.
- With the support of the program team, manage overall program profitability during development, targeting improvement from the initial Award of Business
- During new model development and mass production, oversee customer and internal “engineering changes” ensuring successful completion of design review, costing, quotation, design release, validation, approval, and final implementation.
- Coordinate preparation of Business Case File and approval of Request for Appropriations for program tooling and equipment.
- Monitor capital spending for program-related tooling and equipment to ensure that spending is within approved appropriation budget.
- Lead preparation and present program status and potential risks to senior management and request “gate closure” approval as appropriate.
- BA degree and/or BS (technical) degree required with Project Management experience preferred
- 2~4 years working within Automotive Supplier and Project or Product Engineering Management / APQP experience preferred
- Ability to lead multiple functions across the company to deliver results
- Ability to influence internal organizational resources and the customer in order to meet program deliverables
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Extremely proficient in MS Office 2016 including Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint.
- SharePoint experience along with Teamcenter, Microsoft Teams / Organizational tools is a plus
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer-facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What Can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.