AGC | Production Trainer – 2nd Shift, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive located in Alabaster, AL is seeking a qualified 2nd Shift Production Trainer.
In this hourly position, you will be responsible for providing on line support to Coordinator and Production leads while providing training opportunities to Production Associates.
- Communicates with Production Associates on the need to train to increase flexibility and improve ergonomics.
- Supports in the day-to-day efforts of increasing productivity and yield.
- Acts as a catalyst to promote harmony within the team and to present the coordinator with production related issues.
- Works with Coordinator on countermeasure for quality concerns.
- Works with Coordinator to improve safety conditions.
- Helps to find ways to increase efficiency in process while improving quality.
- Focus on production lines that are not meeting KPI targets
- Completes quality checks of individuals training.
- Maintains accurate training records and works with team to maintain process balance.
- Leads associate training on Production processes.
- Ensures associate readiness before being released to perform job task alone.
- Must be able to track associate growth while in training to determine if any adjustments are necessary.
- Assist Operators / Production support with job changes
- Must be able to work in all Production areas, from Associate to Process Technician.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 – 5 years manufacturing experience preferred
- Leadership or supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Basic to moderate computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to transfer knowledge to others in a way that it is retained and understood.
- Must be courteous and success driven.
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong process skills.
- Ability to work through and influence others.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.