AGC | Production Coordinator, Alabaster, AL
Production Coordinator –2nd shift
Summary of Position
AGC Automotive located in Alabaster, AL is seeking a qualified 2nd Shift Production Coordinator.
Lead and supervise plant production operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures in order to meet KPI’s
- Manage all plant activity on the second shift, working closely with other coordinators to ensure that all plant and department goals are met
- Promote a safe and environmentally productive work environment
- Effectively communicate to all levels of associates within the company
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and job changes
- Manage labor usage of the team including overtime, absenteeism, and training
- Lead problem-solving activities
- Interface with support departments – ie, maintenance, quality, supply chain, etc.
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Coaches and develops production team for continued success
- Coordinates work schedules of direct reports
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for production associates
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of related leadership and production experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business or technical arena preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem-solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to strong computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Quality systems and ISO knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong process skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Good understanding of 5S and lean principles
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including a base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.