AGC | Product Engineer, Bellefontaine, OH
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The Product Engineering position is responsible for engineering automotive glazing products following design standards leading to a feasible product to manufacture meeting all OEM customer requirements. This position will ensure that customer technical engineering and system requirements are satisfied, while also maintaining engineering documentation within SharePoint and TeamCenter databases. The Product Engineer is also responsible for releasing 3D & 2D data to internal manufacturing plants and suppliers by use of TeamCenter workflows and procedures.
Location: Bellefontaine, OH or Farmington, Hills, MI
- Direct and coordinate the technical & engineering activities for assigned projects and programs
- Focus on program assignment of reduced technical complexity
- Initiate orders for external CAD services and provide designers with contact information at the external design facility
- Facilitate DFMEA development and definition following DFMEA template standards and procedure for all cases of “Design Responsibility.”
- Lead the glazing systems engineering & design activities (internal/external) utilizing product design standards as a baseline
- Lead internal design review activities receiving organizational and supplier feedback in effort to work closely with customer directing design and ensuring manufacturability.
- Generate and file program documents:
- Assembly Definition Tool – Internal Customer Specification Communication
- Product DVP&R’s
- DFM / DFA Sheets
- Data/Tooling Release Forms (CAD data and drawings only)
- Design Review Presentation and Feedback summaries
- Material & Performance specifications reviews
- C/F gage / GD&T negotiation leading to internal and external customer authorization an sign-off
- Engineering BOM
- Authorize for release and confirm design level / feasibility, 2D & 3D data generated by Product Designers for the Assembly and all related components supported by the E-BOM
- Support prototyping activities at glass, value-add, and component part plants
- Coordinate FEA and other simulation activities as needed with our Product Technology team members
- Perform technical liaison role between Central Office, manufacturing plants, suppliers, and the OEM customer
- Negotiate technical specifications, tolerances, and alternative design proposals with OEM customer
- Consolidate Cost Quotations
- CAD & technical information review
- Assist with the compilation of customer tech review materials
- Generate glazing systems VAVE ideas and propose to OEM customer
- Assist with the management of programs
- A.S. or B.S. required in a related technical field
- 0~2 years of experience in automotive product design [glass experience is a plus]
- Detailed understanding of:
- GD&T & tolerance stack-up principles
- Project Management principles providing capability to manage engineering activities for multiple programs and/or OEM’s
- Understanding of CATIA, UG, Ideas or similar CAD software packages
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Project, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint, Adobe
- Team Center proficient preferred
- Performance on job requires:
- Ability to work in office environment in an engineering work station or conference room setting
- Ability to be hands-on working in the shop-floor industrial environment during trial / supplier visits
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
Customer Service – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, is our failure.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, paid company holidays, 401k with Company match, free uniforms, and opportunities for career advancement.
If you would like more information or are interested in applying submit your resume and salary requirements at: www.agccareers.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.