AGC | Process Technician – 2nd Shift, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive located in Alabaster, AL is seeking a qualified 2nd Shift Process Technician.
In this hourly position, you will be responsible for maintaining process technology equipment used to monitor operations, and trouble-shooting any equipment problems.
- Assist team members as needed to increase efficiency and effectiveness of work
- Monitor and analyze process parameters
- Minor trouble shooting for identification of process errors
- Assist in implementation of process equipment changes
- Basic operation for injection machine
- Troubleshoot Process
- Follows all safe practices to promote a safe work environment
- Maintains a clean and organized work area using 5S principles
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Document all activities as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; 2-year technical degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of experience in manufacturing on state-of-the-art equipment/set up/trouble shooting.
- Process Technician experience preferred but not required.
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Monitoring /assessing performance of team or equipment to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Operation and Control – Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Have ability to operate overhead cranes
- Experience with hand tools is required
- Mold Technician experience is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to perform all duties at a high level with speed and accuracy;
- Must be able to handle advance troubleshooting on all models / all TP’s, must be able to make detailed automation adjustments
- Good interpersonal skills
- Possess good problem solving and reasoning skills
- Utilize personal computers in a networked environment including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of this team-oriented organization.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.