AGC | Packaging Engineer, Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The Packaging Engineer at AGC is responsible for leading design, development, validation, and delivery for new packaging development projects supporting successful launches meeting internal and external customer expectations. This role requires visionary aptitude to develop better means of product handling from a design, reliability, and cost perspective and then lead implementation to reach targeted results. This role will be required to develop and maintain a Packaging Design Standard Database representative of best practice and lessons learned. This role will work with key customer contacts, suppliers, and cross functional teams within AGC to meet specific program milestones within the packaging development process. The Packaging Engineer must meet or exceed both internal and external customer requirements to ensure compliance with governing environmental and quality bodies and ensure positive contribution to AGC Automotive North America’s profit objectives.
Location: Farmington Hills, MI (On-site)
Lead assigned AANA packaging programs including: complex development, new and existing new programs while ensuring on-time, best value packaging for all stages of the product lifecycle.
Ensure project teams and plant packaging operate efficiently to develop, launch, and maintain production programs.
Lead packaging design feasibility analysis, development / approver of initial concept, validation of that concept, approver of final design prior to release for production, overseer of the supplier quality for all services and packaging materials received.
Initiates all commercial purchase orders, confirms order issuance, and follow-up to ensure project milestones are met with the support of Central Purchasing in areas of supplier reliability and commercial negotiation.
Lead teams in performing risk assessment and in scenarios of problem-solving driving root-cause investigation with resolution of supplier performance issues. Project, report, and develop plans to mitigate and/or eliminate project risks and concerns prior to such negatively impacting projects/programs.
Establish and maintain solid, effective communication flow between OEM, New Model Launch Management and Engineering, packaging suppliers and AANA sites.
Collaborate with the NML and Purchasing Leadership to Develop and propose a strategy to target and deliver a regional supplier base with target for Quality, Reliability, Delivery at a competitive cost to AGC.
- 4-year College degree required with background in Automotive Packaging or Business.
- Required Tier 1 Automotive Experience in packaging design, validation, and milestone development management meeting internal and external customer expectations.
- Cross functional or direct working experience in other functional areas such as: Operations, Engineering, Quality, Finance, or Purchasing
- Experience and knowledge of GD&T, Packaging design criteria and standards
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Demonstrated risk assessment, analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact with suppliers, customers, and internal management with a high level of effectiveness.
- Self-starter, well-organized, able to make sound business and organizational decisions based upon strategic plans.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving/analytical thinking skills, understanding of manufacturing problem solving process and APQP process, including AIAG standards, product drawings, and quality standards.
- Proficient in PC skills, Internet based programs, MS Office Suite, including Project
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex range of activities, in parallel
- Demonstrated ability to lead project(s) to a successful completion
- Ability to positively influence others to move functional strategy forward
What can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
If you would like more information or are interested in applying submit your resume and salary requirements at: www.agccareers.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.