AGC | Lead Process Engineer (Tier II) KY/TN Region
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
Perform business and process development duties including cost and competitive analysis, and leads all process engineering related activities including process design, support, improvements, and process technology development ensuring safety and environmental requirements and KPI’s are met. Business Development Lead is responsible for leading the assembly cost analysis within AGC for best process, materials, and components costs to insure most competitive glass assembly business for AGC.
Role Location: In this role, you will spend up to 25% to 50% of the time at the manufacturing sites (KY, IN, MS, TX, and Ontario, CA). Position can be located along the I-65/I75 corridors for convenient travel to each of the locations.
- Demonstrates leadership values in all aspect of responsibilities
- Provides leadership and support for Process Engineers
- Leads technical cost analysis of equipment, tooling, and labor for assembly processes within AGC and/or within supply chain
- Assists in strategic planning, training, and development of all TM’s within process development Coordinates VAVE and continuous improvement projects with Engineers, Quality, Purchasing, and Supply Chain
- Evaluates, initiates, and oversees process, equipment, and tooling development, design, installation, and launch within AGC and within AGC assembly supply chain
- Leads Engineering Global Manufacturing activities within NA Engineering Team
- Leads NML development activity to ensure attainment of process KPI’s at customer SOP
- Directs Process Engineering resources to provide production department support
- Develops Engineers and process stakeholders through coaching and continued training activities
- Leads and/or participates in problem solving activities regarding quality, mechanical and process concerns to confirm Root Cause Analysis and Countermeasures are accurate and complete
- S. – Technical or Business Degrees needed for this role
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in engineering related role in a manufacturing environment with proven leadership skills and experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Kaizen Spiral, Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Quality systems and TS16949 knowledge
- Knowledge of PFMEA or Control Plan, Flow Chart, PPAP, MSA, SPC, PMP and APQP processes
- Ability to understand CAD Prints
- Work in a fast-paced mass production environment
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Basic to moderate computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, etc.
- Strong process and equipment/tooling design skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop and present effective solutions to team members and management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to all associate levels within the Company and external contacts
- Ability to travel as required
We’re looking for someone with:
Influence – Ability to create an atmosphere of mutual trust, mutual respect, and mutual teamwork. It is the means toward mutually beneficial outcomes: achieving project goals, individual and organizational success.
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuition – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Education – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internal Motivation – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Customer Service – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, is our failure.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, 14 paid holidays, 401k with Company match, free uniforms, safety boot reimbursement program, prescription safety glasses (frames and lenses) and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship.