Belletech | Manufacturing/Process Engineer, Bellefontaine, OH
Manufacturing Engineer Job Purpose: Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods in a “hands on environment”.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Duties:
- Evaluates & continuously improves manufacturing processes; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from production associates.
- Capability to use trouble shooting skills to evaluate and find solutions to equipment issues as they arise.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Keeps equipment operational by working with maintenance and other services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Assists with training associates on how to operate production equipment and prepare work instructions on equipment option as required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Degree in mechanical, electrical, industrial or related engineering field.
- Experience with PLC programming (Allen Bradley and Omron preferred).
- Experience with robotics (Motoman & Fanuc preferred), Understanding of Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, & 2-D & 3-D CAD systems. Experience with injection molding is beneficial.