Tooling EngineerFarmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC is currently seeking a Tooling Engineer responsible for supporting the design, development, set-up, and implementation of encapsulation mold tooling and equipment in compliance with all applicable standards and/or requirements.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and meet requirements of the position to be considered.
Responsibilities will include:
- Utilize Quality Management System to know and satisfy customer
- Facilitate equipment and process project planning, monitoring, and reporting from concept through post-production, as directed
- Lead projects related to continuous improvement of equipment and processes in manufacturing
- Participate in equipment trials and process development trials
- Work with tooling and equipment suppliers to troubleshoot process and tooling problems
- Facilitate the installation of new and/or moving equipment and processes, post tool build
- Assist in the development of equipment and process operational metrics
- Monitor and report operational efficiency process metrics (i.e. throughput, scrap rates, etc.), open issues, progress, risks, and other key information
- Assist in the development of operational work instructions and people
- Participate in identified production improvement projects
- Evaluate the performance of existing processes and provide improvements
- B.S. in related technical field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience with manufacturing application of injection molding component or tooling design & manufacturing
- PVC / TPE Glass Encapsulation Molding Technology (Mold designs, drawings, standards, specifications, and/or blueprint)
- GD&T & tolerance stack-up principles
- Robotics and Automation
- Project Management principles
- Ability to be hands-on working in the shop-floor industrial environment
- Ability to travel 20-50%
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.