AGC | Tier 2 Supplier Quality Engineer, New Albany, MS
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
- Identify, evaluate, and support Tier 2 assembly suppliers as needed to supply assembly value-add to AGC glass or other value-add work.
- Lead and/or participate on teams in technical root cause investigation and resolution for Tier 2 assembly supplier performance issues.
- Perform verification and adjustment to APQP/PPAP documentation and practices (e.g. DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, Work Instruction, etc.).
- Ensure strong Tier 2 supplier support relationship is in place and maintained to benefit AGC and Tier 2 supplier.
- Establish and maintain solid and effective communication flow between Tier 2 suppliers and AGCNA sites.
- Manage Tier 2 Supplier key performance metrics via a performance scorecard so as to demonstrate continuous compliance to AGC requirements and performance improvement.
- Lead and/or participate in ongoing VA/VE programs with Tier 2 suppliers to provide a competitive advantage to AGC.
- Develop Supplier technical capabilities as required to assure product cost and quality integrity.
- 4-year Technical degree in Engineering (technical) discipline.
- 10 + years’ experience in supplier quality management or related fields.
- 5+ years’ experience in automotive supplier quality management
- Demonstrated effectiveness in supplier problem-solving management
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or willingness to obtain
- Demonstrated experience with ISO/TS standards and supplier quality auditing
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in automotive APQP principles and procedures
- Ability to interact with suppliers, customers and internal management with a high level of effectiveness
- Self-starter, well-organized, able to make sound business and organizational decisions bases upon strategic plans
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, relocation and opportunities for career advancement.