Tier 2 BuyerFarmington Hills, MI
Tier 2 Buyer
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC is currently seeking a Tier 2 Buyer responsible for procurement of materials and services necessary to support and lead cost efficient operations within the AGC Automotive division.
Responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate the purchase requirement for material, service and equipment
- Solicit and track supplier bids; make sound purchase/contract recommendations
- Issue purchase orders and supply contracts
- Monitor and manage supplier performance in delivery, cost, quality, service, innovations, and IQS
- Process and collect claims for damages related to suppliers’ performance
- Provide effective reporting/analysis
- Positively impact the company’s financial performance through aggressive management of costs and cost reductions for inventories, cash flow, and value added services
- Experience in technical or manufacturing environment
- Experience in automotive with skill set
- B.S. degree preferred (supply chain related or engineering area a plus)
- 5 to 10 years automotive experience (Tier 1 and/or Tier 2) preferred
- Experience with AS400 and Mapics desired
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.