AGC | Technical Systems Support, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
Technical Support role is the first line of contact for customers experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation and management of their hardware and software solutions. The Technical Support intern will field queries via phone and email. Queries will range in complexity from “how to” questions through involved troubleshooting and extensive problem resolution efforts. This resource will be responsible for diagnosis and analysis of customer issues and will be expected to bring first level detailed diagnosis over to senior level team members. You will have an opportunity to make an impact within a global company which is an industry leader within the Automotive market. This is an hourly temporary position that will last 12-18 months. The hourly pay rate is $19-23, depending on experience. The schedule is 8 am to 5 pm with intermittent daily and weekend overtime
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail and online requests for technical support
- Represent the customer to ensure issues are being tracked, prioritized, and resolved
- Track and monitor all support cases to ensure timely resolution and follow-up
- Clearly identify, document, and find solutions for customers related to hardware and software issues
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and IT Support
- Experience working within Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Office applications
- Experience or high interest in the enterprise security space
- Experience supporting multiple, simultaneous engagements/customers
- Excellent iOS, Android troubleshooting ability
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Excellent analysis and debugging skill
- Ability to function as an individual contributor and/or a member of a team
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.