AGC | Technical Development Engineer, Richmond, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Technical Development Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the technical department. He or she will provide technical support in the hot end batch house, furnace, tin bath and lehr operations (Hot End processes) and help resolve glass quality problems as required. The Technical Development Engineer also provides operation assistance, training, participates in audits and helps develop and support best practices. Must be able to work full-time with overtime as required, and travel (<10%).
- Comply with all aspects of AGC’s Global Code of Conduct.
- Plan, prepare, coordinate, supervise and participate in repair and maintenance work in any hot end process as needed.
- Provide day-to-day support for hot end processes including resolving process upsets, process changes, training, etc.
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot Hot End processes and equipment issues and develop and implement short term and long-term corrective actions by identifying root causes.
- Understand and monitor Hot End process parameters and equipment.
- Interact with all support systems pertinent to Hot End operations such as environmental, water supply, etc.
- Perform furnace inspections and initiate short and long-term solutions to maintain and improve overall furnace operations.
- Interact with other Engineers, production and maintenance personnel and mason to investigate process problems and implement solutions.
- Coordinate with all necessary personnel during scheduled shutdowns and repairs.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain up-to-date operation procedures process documentation in line with IATF 16949 requirements.
- Plan, prepare, and coordinate preventive maintenance as needed.
- Analyze data to determine trends associated with quality or process issues.
- Assist in the improvement, implementation, and communication of changes with regards to hot end processes.
- Assure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Coordinate training production personnel and working collaboratively with them to improve processes.
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot and solve problems impacting yields, capacity, quality, environmental compliance, and safety and other hot end metrics.
- Utilizing continuous improvement and implement and support best practices to facilitate process improvements and teach others.
- Participate in 5S projects.
- Supports new process development activities.
- Assist and lead in the identification and resolution of product quality issues.
- Participate in safety initiatives
- Lead and/or participate in AGC Way initiatives and KTA activities as required
- Degree in Engineering (Ceramics, Glass, Materials or Chemical Engineering)
- 3-5 years’ experience in glass manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of glass melting and manufacturing processes
- Analytical skills to troubleshoot Hot End processes
- Experience with statistical methods and BS analysis
- Must be able to effectively prepare and present information to a group
- Must be able to analyze and make decisions based on the information obtained
- High degree of accuracy and recall, and is quality-focused
- Strong judgment relating to confidential matters
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.