AGC | Supply Chain Specialist, Torrance, CA
This is a multi-faceted role responsible for accurate and timely material management of raw materials and/or component parts, scheduling production and ensuring accurate and timely shipments to customers.
This role communicates directly with the supply base on any supply issues and works with internal partners on quality and inventory issues. Responsible for converting customer requirements into a manufacturing production schedule while considering inventory levels, shipping schedules, lead-times, and staffing constraints to ensure 100% on-time delivery to internal and external customers. This role also communicates directly with transportation teams for in transit events tracking or raw materials and AGC shipments to customers.
- Develop, review, and update inventory standards, ordering rules, vendor information and lead times to most efficiently order and manage inventory, while maintaining uninterrupted supply of material and operating within established ordering rule constraints.
- Monitor customer past due orders and/or deliveries to ensure the best customer service. Identify unresolved problems and communicate to Corporate or next level Manager. Respond to internal customer service inquiries, order acknowledgment and advanced shipping notices in a timely manner.
- Analyze material requirements and initiate appropriate vendor material release schedules. Continuously monitor ongoing material requirements versus availability, supplier delivery to schedule, net changes and material rejection or loss. Communicate material availability information as required to production schedulers to ensure uninterrupted scheduling.
- Prepare daily schedules and forecasts to identify any capacity constraints and communicates internally. Monitor production schedule and make necessary adjustments to control, maintain and establish inventory levels.
- Develop Capacity Sheets for production lines that include production totals, scheduling accuracy, inventory ratio, shift structure and planned downtime based on customer demand.
- Review excess and obsolete inventories and provide recommendations to management for disposition. Monitor material inventories and review factors which affect schedules.
- Coordinate with engineering on any changes by monitoring inventory levels and bank builds.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with supplier contacts through frequent phone contact and plant visitations.
- Coordinate shipments from suppliers and to customers to minimize freight costs. Alert customer service of any issues in meeting customer requirements on time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related discipline
- Preferred APICS/CPIM certification (American Production and Inventory Control Society – Certified Production & Inventory Management)
- 3+ years of manufacturing, materials management or scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with communicating with verifying levels within the organization
- Experience working with an MRP/ERP system preferably related to SAP
What Can AGC Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
If you would like more information or are interested in applying, please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.